Monday 19 January 2015

My Experience With How Brother Planned To Kill His Own Brother



This horrible story happened exactly one week ago in Douala, a few metres from where I work but my last week was really tight with work so could only make out time today. Please read below and I hope you learn something from it.

There are three people involved and I chose to withhold their names but we gonna name them Senior Brother, Junior Brother and Witch Doctor. Senior Brother (SB) owns a general store+bar at Carrefour Hotel de l`Air, Bonapriso, Douala. Some years back he brought Junior Brother (JB) to Douala from the West region to learn the trade which (JB) did religiously. JB opened his own general store, about 500 metres away from SB`s and was doing pretty fine. I have made purchases in both stores and there is this lady at SB`s store who does one the best roasted fish around so I eat there during break sometimes. Things got sour between the two brothers when JB started sleeping with SB`s wife and impregnated her in the course of it all...yep! Well, SB had to let go his wife who immediately got married to JB! Jeez.SB and JB were consulting the same witch doctor for business charms to the ignorance of both. Apparently they became sworn enemies and JB was tired of seeing SB alive so he sent the Witch Doctor (WD) to kill SB. WD got to SB`s store on Sunday January 11, 2015, at about 10:30 PM, to carry out his mission. Upon arrival he was shocked to see that his target was his client and so could not hold back but disclose the reason for his unannounced visit. SB is shocked and calls JB and in his words "Has it gotten to this? I didn`t know our grievances were so deep that you`ll want me dead". JB is furious, picks up a machete and drives straight to SB`s store where WD was still hanging around. The three meet and its total chaos, JB follows WD with a machete cursing why he had to mess up the mission. WD tries to enter a fenced compound but dogs wouldn`t let him. While he was running away from the dogs, JB was already in his car, he reversed and crushed WD against the wall...WD died on the spot. Bike riders pounced on JB who was rescued by the police and taken to the hospital after which prison awaits him for murder. I passed by his store few days back and it was locked.
This is just one of the horrible stories we hear everyday from all corners of the globe. It`s a messed up world...seriously. Your questions are just as many as mine. What level of insecurity, lack of confidence, diabolism and greed leads people to consult native doctors for their business to soar? My colleagues and I have been wondering what is there for us who have been buying in these stores assumably in business thanks to some mysticism? And then when we analyse SB`s character, it all makes sense. This guy is always looking wretched, frustrated and miserable. He has the same attire for weeks on end...and yes, its as filthy as wearing the same clothes for days. Mind, you-he makes millions every month. SB is super-rude. He`ll never speak nicely to customers. If your blood brother could want you dead who then should you trust in this world?
Taking short cuts in life might take you there but it won`t keep you there. This also reminds me of life depending on people for anything. Just wondering what he`ll do now that the 'source' of his success is no more, get another one I`m sure?
Personally I can`t remember being handed out something in a platter of gold. When I look back I`m sure I have worked for every opportunity I ever had in my life. Yes, it`s tough physically and even emotionally but the satisfaction you get at the end of it all is priceless. I look forward to living a life that I won`t owe anybody, I won`t hurt anybody and I won`t depend on anybody. Life is a constant battle ground and once we try to rush with no tactics or principles, we`ll end up being blown away like a candle in the wind. Go through that pain for what you desire, cry if you feel like but don`t give up even when you fail and whenever you feel weary, take it to the Lord...this I can testify.

1 comment:

  1. Ma sis, strange things are happening. We have just GOD in this crazy world.

    ReplyDelete